• 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • Welcome

    Welcome to Little People UK website. 

    I am very proud and excited to share our website with you.

    It has been many months in development and I think it signals how LPUK has matured as a charity. The site aims to be an invaluable resource to the dwarfism community, their friends and families. Membership can be completed via this website and in time event registration will be available through the site too.

    We will continue to add information and develop the site based on user feedback, so if you have any suggestions, please email them to: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it..

    Thank you,

    Sammy Davis
    Chair, Little People UK

    Read More
  • 1
  • 1

Join Little People UK

Become a member of Little People UK to keep up-to-date with what we are doing, receive invitations to events across the UK and get hold of new information literature that we produce.

Join Now

We understand that maintaining positive mental health is ongoing, and that some people with dwarfism may have questions they find difficult to understand. 


There are a number of organisations within the NHS which can provide trained professionals to help, below are some examples: 

Always contact your local GP if yourself or someone you know is suffering from any mental health issues. 

Matt Taylor

At LPUK we are luckily to have the support of Matt Taylor, mindlfulness coach and counsellor. He has been a great asset to LPUK, supporting many people with dwarfism, along with their friends and family regarding issues of confidence, anxiety and maintaining a good mental health. If you would like Matt's support, please contact him via his website

Access Card

An access card can be used by disabled people to more easily highlight the adjustments which may be needed for someone to fully access a variety of locations e.g. theatre, football stadium, music venue etc. The access card may also lead to concessionary prices of tickets. 

It is not vital to have an access card to ensure you get assistance, however it could make planning a little easier. 

There is some useful information on the Money Saving Expert website. 

Access card



There are a number of different possbilities to help with funding for adaptions and support which may be needed for people with dwarfism. 


There are a number of specific benefits to help those who are disabled, ill or elderly. Some can be claimed on top of other benefits, eg. those for parents, jobseekers or those with a low income. They include:

  • Personal independence payment (PIP) – £23.20 to £148.85/week. PIP is a tax-free benefit for people aged 16 or over who haven't reached state pension age. It's supposed to help with the extra costs caused by a disability. PIP is gradually replacing the disability living allowance.

  • Disability living allowance (DLA) for children – £23.20 to £148.85/week. DLA for children is a tax-free benefit for under-16s to help with the extra costs caused by long-term ill health or a disability.

  • Attendance allowance – £58.70 or £87.65/week. This is a tax-free benefit for people who are state pension age or over, have a disability and need someone to help look after them.

  • Employment and support allowance (ESA) – up to £111.65/week plus top-ups. ESA is aimed at those who can't work because of illness or disability.

  • Carer's allowance – £66.15/week. This is for carers rather than disabled people – it's designed to provide extra money if you care for someone for at least 35 hours per week and they get certain benefits.

*The information above is taken from moneysavingexpert.com*


Apply for equipment and support from your council


If you need to adapt your home due to your disability, it's worth applying to your local council to see what equipment and support it can offer you. What's on offer varies by council, but it can be a real help.

Leeds City Council, for example, says if you're finding it difficult to move around your home and use your bathroom/kitchen, you may be eligible for a 'disabled facility grant' of up to £30,000. It's designed to help adults keep their independence and for children to lead ordinary lives (if the grant is for an adult it's means-tested, but children automatically qualify).

The council says an occupational therapist will meet with you to discuss your needs, and may recommend adaptations such as:

  • Ramps.

  • Wider doorways.

  • Stairlifts.

  • Wet floor or walk-in showers.

  • Major alterations to your home.

*The information above is taken from moneysavingexpert.com*

Disability Grants

Do you have a Disability?

Are you a parent or carer of a Disabled child or adult?

If so, use this website to save time finding Disability Grants.

Charities and Trusts provide funding towards the high cost of disability equipment, holidays, housing, days out.........in fact anything above and beyond the normal costs of everyday living.

Searching for extra funds takes time - in between work, hospital appointments, caring, therapies........

And the hundred and one other things we all have to juggle every day!

That’s why Disability Grants is here to help YOU, your family or anyone you're supporting with a disability.

Discover what’s available nationally and in your local area by searching the individual sections.

*The information above is taken from http://www.disability-grants.org/*


People with dwarfism can apply for a Disabled Students Allowance to help support them when studying at University. This can be used for equipment, personal carers, notetakers, travel required due to dwarfism e.g. taxi. You are not required to pay back this allowance.

To apply you would be required to complete an application form, show proof of eligibility and studying at University. More details can be found via the Disabled Students Allowance page on the gov.uk website


More information on applying for Disabled Students Allowance can be found on this blog page - Save The Student

Sometimes children with dwarfism require a additional support when learning to walk, or after surgery, below are some examples of walkers/rolaters which are suitable for children: 

The first step would be to speak with your Occupational Therapist or Physiotherapist who will be able to suggest whether walking aids are required, and possibly source from the NHS. 

Childs Wheeled Walker

child robotec pluto rolater

These can be purchased from: 

Complete Care Shop

Mobility Aids Centre


Childrens Crutches

These can be purchased from: 

Complete Care Shop

Mobility Aids Centre


Raise Funds to Raise Awareness

just giving

Featured Video

Twitter - Follow us +