I am very proud and excited to share our website with you.
It has been many months in development and I think it signals how LPUK has matured as a charity. The site aims to be an invaluable resource to the dwarfism community, their friends and families. Membership can be completed via this website and in time event registration will be available through the site too.
Chair, Little People UK
We aim to be an essential resource for little people and their families.
Become a member of Little People UK to keep up-to-date with what we are doing, receive invitations to events across the UK and get hold of new information literature that we produce.
Little People UK are holding their third LPUK Positively Unique Awards, where we will celebrate the achievements of members of Little People UK!
We have three age categories which you can submit applications for -
• 0-11 years
• 12-18 years
• 19+ years
Each application must show why the person nominated is - #PositivelyUnique...e.g. undergone/recovered from an operation, won medals in sports day, raised awareness, fundraised, achieved at school, completed an achievement e.g. brownies badge etc.
*Applications can be for people with dwarfism AND average height members of LPUK*
The nominations will be sent on to the LPUK committee, anonymously, for them to vote on a winner for each category. The winners will be announced at the convention.
Applicant information -
Your relationship to the person nominated:
Nominee information -
Name of nominee:
Age of nominee:
Are they a little person or average height?:
Reason for nomination (maximum of 200 words):
Interests of the person being nominated (maximum of 100 words):
DEADLINE FOR ENTRIES - Friday 9th August 2019
Little People UK Annual General Meeting agenda
Notice is hereby given that the Annual General Meeting of Little People UK will be held at Nottingham Belfry Hotel on Saturday 24th August 2019 at 9:15am.
1. Agree minutes from last AGM – the minutes from last years AGM have been available all year and will be available all weekend for your perusal. At the meeting a vote will be taken on whether these minutes will be agreed.
2. Report and Accounts – To receive the accounts and reports of the trustees for the year ended 31 May 2018
3. Election of Officers –
To elect Chair
To elect Vice Chair
To elect Treasurer
4. Election of Trustees –
To re-elect any trustees
To elect new trustees
Thanks to retiring trustees
5. Members question - a possibility for the membership to ask questions. Questions discussed MUST be sent in prior to the AGM itself.
Formal Meeting close
Notes: Only full members or their representative are entitled vote using the voting card provided.
Little People UK are looking for motivated, skilled and experienced members to help us progress and continue to support all people with dwarfism, their family and friends.
There are two ways in which you can help:
1. We are looking for volunteers who can assist with the following:
2. Committee members are always required to work collaboratively, in an effort to provide support to our members, we are looking for people with skills of:
If you want to join the LPUK committee, download our form here.