Whilst the UK is in 'lockdown' and schools closed for the majority of students, along with other members of the population practising social distancing, we have been promoting a number of different ways to help pass the time and also help with homeschooling:
Chocolate Mousse For Greedy Goose
- Every Wednesday from 9:30am Steve Backshall will be holding a Q+A to learn about wildlife, you can find this via his Twitter.
- Everyday at 11am David Walliams will release a free Children's audiobook which you can listen to here.
- Chester Zoo hold virtual 'days out' taking us around their animals, to learn about them and how they are looked after. You can catch up on their Facebook page.
- West Lodge Farm Park are uploading lots of videos about looking after farm animals, even throughout this unprecedented time the farm has to continue as normal, you can watch the videos on their YouTube channel.
- There are lots of different physical activity options being shown online throughout this time, Paralympic and Olympic champions Baroness Tanni Grey-Thompson and Dame Kelly Holmes held an accessible workout session on Twitter and Instagram.
- TV Mathematician Carol Vorderman has released her online maths tutoring website free for the school closure period, visit her website to check this out.
- The National Theatre are releasing a recording of a production each Thursday night at 7pm, to watch online. Along with Andrew Lloyd-Webber, who is streaming one play everyday Friday on YouTube at 7pm for 48 hours.
Other things to do
As the weather is getting nicer, but we need to maintain our social distancing, we can appreciate nature from our own windows and gardens, check out these ideas to build your own butterfly feeder and bird feeder.
There are also arts and craft ideas too -
Also, some ideas to get a little messy -
And finally, here are some more brilliant things you can do -
Guess the film!
We will continue to post different lockdown activities, throughout this period, to keep up to date with them, visit our website, where they will be posted on a regular basis.
If you have trouble accessing these documents, please get in touch and we can help out.