• 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4

There are a number of different possbilities to help with funding for adaptions and support which may be needed for people with dwarfism. 


There are a number of specific benefits to help those who are disabled, ill or elderly. Some can be claimed on top of other benefits, eg. those for parents, jobseekers or those with a low income. They include:

  • Personal independence payment (PIP) – £23.20 to £148.85/week. PIP is a tax-free benefit for people aged 16 or over who haven't reached state pension age. It's supposed to help with the extra costs caused by a disability. PIP is gradually replacing the disability living allowance.

  • Disability living allowance (DLA) for children – £23.20 to £148.85/week. DLA for children is a tax-free benefit for under-16s to help with the extra costs caused by long-term ill health or a disability.

  • Attendance allowance – £58.70 or £87.65/week. This is a tax-free benefit for people who are state pension age or over, have a disability and need someone to help look after them.

  • Employment and support allowance (ESA) – up to £111.65/week plus top-ups. ESA is aimed at those who can't work because of illness or disability.

  • Carer's allowance – £66.15/week. This is for carers rather than disabled people – it's designed to provide extra money if you care for someone for at least 35 hours per week and they get certain benefits.

*The information above is taken from moneysavingexpert.com*


Apply for equipment and support from your council


If you need to adapt your home due to your disability, it's worth applying to your local council to see what equipment and support it can offer you. What's on offer varies by council, but it can be a real help.

Leeds City Council, for example, says if you're finding it difficult to move around your home and use your bathroom/kitchen, you may be eligible for a 'disabled facility grant' of up to £30,000. It's designed to help adults keep their independence and for children to lead ordinary lives (if the grant is for an adult it's means-tested, but children automatically qualify).

The council says an occupational therapist will meet with you to discuss your needs, and may recommend adaptations such as:

  • Ramps.

  • Wider doorways.

  • Stairlifts.

  • Wet floor or walk-in showers.

  • Major alterations to your home.

*The information above is taken from moneysavingexpert.com*

Disability Grants

Do you have a Disability?

Are you a parent or carer of a Disabled child or adult?

If so, use this website to save time finding Disability Grants.

Charities and Trusts provide funding towards the high cost of disability equipment, holidays, housing, days out.........in fact anything above and beyond the normal costs of everyday living.

Searching for extra funds takes time - in between work, hospital appointments, caring, therapies........

And the hundred and one other things we all have to juggle every day!

That’s why Disability Grants is here to help YOU, your family or anyone you're supporting with a disability.

Discover what’s available nationally and in your local area by searching the individual sections.

*The information above is taken from http://www.disability-grants.org/*


Join Little People UK

Become a member of Little People UK to keep up-to-date with what we are doing, receive invitations to events across the UK and get hold of new information literature that we produce.

Join Now