Guidance for completing the LPUK Membership form - MUST READ
What is the cost of LPUK membership?
Little People UK currently has a standard price of £5 per person, for both new membership and membership renewal.
How do I complete the membership?
You can complete the LPUK Membership in two ways; you can download a paper copy of the LPUK Membership Form and fill in by hand, returning to LPUK, along with payment. Or you can complete the LPUK Membership Form online. Remember to complete the LPUK Membership for everyone who would like to be an LPUK Member. If you are completing the online LPUK Membership Form, you must submit separate applications for each person.
What are the different types of membership?
Individual (full) membership
- A person over the age of 18 who has dwarfism
- A full member is entitled to election on to the LPUK committee
- A full member may attend General Meetings and is entitled to vote
Individual (youth) membership
- A child who has dwarfism up to the age of 18
- Once a youth member reaches the age of 18, they can apply for an individual (full) membership
- A youth member may attend meetings, but may not vote. A dispensation may be given by the committee allowing youth members aged 12 or over to vote on issues that relate to them (for example, the election of Youth Representative)
- This includes:
- Extended family and friends
of a person with dwarfism.
- Associate members are entitled for election on to the LPUK committee, but must be nominated by a current full member.
- All may attend General Meetings, but may not vote unless they qualify.
- Individuals and organisations whose experience or specialist knowledge would make a positive contribution to the CIO.
- An Organisation member must be nominated by a current full member
- An Organisation member may attend General Meetings, but are not entitled to vote at a general meeting.
We collect and process all personal data in line with the Data Protection Act 1998; there is more information about this on the Data Protection Statement at the end of this form.