I am a 15 year old GCSE Product Design student at Malmesbury Secondary School. As part of my project I am designing something to help people complete tasks around the house with dwarfism, especially achondroplasia. I am interested in designing something for people with dwarfism because I do not believe there are many products on the market that meet their needs. In order to generate suitable concepts, I need to carry out research on my clientele. I have a few questions that would greatly help me complete my research and design something that would help people with dwarfism.
The questions I would like answered are:
- What would you find useful in completing everyday tasks?
- What daily tasks do you find most difficult?
- What products do you already use and how useful are they?
- How long do the products that you use last?
- What are the main parts of the condition that affect your daily life? (E.g. Spinal Lordosis or Trident fingers)
- Are there other aspects of the condition that I should consider?
- If things are at a particular height above you how do you reach them?
- How good would you describe your balance on a scale of 1 – 5? (where one is poor and 5 is excellent)
- How much would you be prepared to pay for a product that benefits your life?
- Do you do any tasks outside that would benefit from a new product?