Whilst the UK is in 'lockdown' and schools closed for the majority of students, along with other members of the population practising social distancing, we have been promoting a number of different ways to help pass the time and also help with homeschooling:
- Everyday from 9:30am Steve Backshall will be holding a Q+A to learn about wildlife, you can find this via his Twitter.
- Everyday at 11am David Walliams will release a free Children's audiobook which you can listen to here.
- Chester Zoo held a virtual 'day out' taking us around their animals, to learn about them and how they are looked after. You can catch up on their Facebook page.
- West Lodge Farm Park has uploaded lots of videos about looking after farm animals, even throughout this unprecedented time the farm has to continue as normal, you can watch the videos on their YouTube channel.
- There are lots of different physical activity options being shown online throughout this time, Paralympic and Olympic champions Baroness Tanni Grey-Thompson and Dame Kelly Holmes held an accessible workout session on Twitter and Instagram.
- TV Mathematician Carol Vorderman has released her online maths tutoring website free for the school closure period, visit her website to check this out.
- The National Theatre are releasing a recording of a production each Thursday night at 7pm, to watch online. Along with Andrew Lloyd-Webber, who is streaming one play everyday Friday on YouTube at 7pm for 48 hours.
We will continue to post different lockdown activities, throughout this period, to keep up to date with them, visit our website, where they will be posted on a regular basis.
If at any point during this time you need to seek guidance regarding your mental health, please don't hesitate to contact Mind, the UK charity which supports all mental health needs.