Bodies come in all shapes and sizes. There are over 200 different types of dwarfism. Many conditions of dwarfism can have some medical complications, but most people have an average life expectancy and are productive members of society.
Eighty percent of people with dwarfism have average height parents and siblings. Some types of dwarfism are simply a genetic change at conception, which happen to have very visisble results. Some can be inherited genetically from one or both parents.
A child with dwarfism is born 1 per 25,000 births. Very few doctos know much about the various dwarfism conditions. It is important to find a doctor who specialises in dwarfism for ongoing care, especially if there are any medical or orthopaedic complications.
Here are the various types of Dwarfism:
- Acromesomelic Dysplasia
- Diastrophic Dysplasia
- Chondrodysplasia Punctata
- Ellis Van-Creveld Syndrome
- Kneist Dysplasia
- Langer Mesomelic Dysplasia
- Léri-Weill Dyschondrosteosis
- Metaphyseal Chondrodysplasia
- Morquio Syndrome
- Multiple Epiphyseal Dysplasia
- Osteogenesis Imperfecta
- Primordial Dwarfism
- Spondyloepiphyseal Dysplasia congenita (SEDc)
- Spondyloepimetaphyseal Dysplasia (SEMD)
- Spondyloperiphereal Dysplasia
- Thanatophoric Dysplasia
- Turner Syndrome